In light of the situation in Afghanistan, we received this information from the local Parker Baptist Association. Gene and I will be going to the meeting. I encourage anyone who’s interested to join us. Please RSVP to the email address in the note.
Growing in grace and knowledge,
Refugee Ministry Training
Sunday, August 29th
5:00PM – 6:00PM
Southcliff Baptist Church – Fellowship Hall
4100 SW Loop 820
Fort Worth, TX 76109
**While registration is not required, please email email@example.com to RSVP so that the church can prepare for everyone who is coming.**
The U.S. State Department has invited refugee families to start a new life in the United States. Many of these have been serving our U.S. military & embassies overseas. You can make a difference in the life of a refugee family. Volunteers are needed for important ministry tasks including:
- Transporting new families from the airport to a Fort Worth apartment
- Help to register children for school
- Teaching refugees how to shop in America
- Assistance filling out online job applications
- Helping families establish a budget
- Tutoring children
- Helping a refugee prepare a driver’s license test
- Providing transportation to medical appointments
- Becoming a “family friendship partner” to a refugee family
On Sunday, World Relief Fort Worth will present a one-hour orientation for those interested in volunteering with refugees in Fort Worth. This seminar will go over some important information and will also introduce you to online screening/training information that is required.
Other Ways to Help:
- Put together a “Welcome Kit” for a newly arriving refugee family.
- Donate Walmart gift cards for a newly arriving refugee family.
Refugee families arrive with few belongings. Gift cards to help them purchase essential items as the begin their transition to a new life. Drop off $50-$100 gift cards during office hours at the PBA office, 118 E Park Ave, Weatherford or take them to the World Relief North Texas office, 4200 South Fwy Suite 408, Fort Worth, TX 76115.